Terms and Conditions of advertising with Derby City Council
1) Each advertiser, by submitting an advertisement, warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament, the British Code of Advertising Practice or European Union Legislation.
2) Derby City Council (DCC) have the right to reject any copy or images, or to reject any application for advertising at any time, without assigning a reason. In the event of an application being rejected after payment, a refund will be made.
3) It is the advertiser’s responsibility to own copyright on any images. Advertiser’s property, transparencies etc. are held by (DCC) at the advertiser’s risk and should be insured against loss or damage.
4) Any data or images supplied by the advertisers may be held on computer files by (DCC).
5) (DCC) will not be liable for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, occasioned by any error in any advert published, or failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever. Each advertiser is liable to indemnify (DCC) against any claim made against them by any third party arising from the breach by the advertiser of any of these terms and conditions herein on the part of the advertiser.
6) All advertisers are responsible for checking their print proof directly with the appointed designers. Oral instructions of an advertiser will not be accepted. (DCC) cannot accept any responsibility for errors not corrected by the advertiser at proof stage. Any amendments after this time will incur a charge.
7) All advertisers are responsible for checking their website and Blog advert; otherwise it will be assumed that the information is correct. It is the advertisers responsibility to ensure all prices and availability are correct and honoured.
8) Payment Terms: Strictly 30 days from the date of invoice.
9) All prices as per the booking form are exclusive of VAT.
10) All prices as per the booking form are correct at time of going to press. Derby City Council reserve the right to increase prices without prior notice in response to increases in material and resource costs. If you would like to discuss these prices and options with a member of the Derby City Council Tourism Team, please call 01332 643414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
From October 2011 Derby City Council's Tourism Team will be accepting advertising from non-accredited accommodation businesses in the area - this relates to advertising on the www.visitderby.co.uk website and any relevant city publications.
This is in response to the fact that we know there are a significant number of good quality providers out there who have not historically chosen not to go through the national inspection/grading process, and have therefore not been able to advertise with us. We realise that without the formal framework being compulsory, this will now become a bit of a grey area, as we do not have the ability or desire to 'inspect' ourselves. We do however reserve the right to refuse or remove advertising if there are proven grounds for complaint, based on the quality of products and services provided or on health and safety issues relating to the advertiser. Our guides and website will have prominent disclaimers as we cannot be held liable for the quality of any businesses, regardless of whether it's inspected or not.
Terms and Conditions of browsing this website
The term Derby City Council's Tourism Team or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Derby Tourist Information Centre, Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby DE1 3AH. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be
liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are
acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Derby City Council's Tourism Team's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.